Sunday, October 24, 2010

Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping in.


There are SO many homemade 'music videos' for this song on Youtube... Freshmeeeen.

Anyways, today I slept until 12:30! Yikes! I'd intended to get up around 9 and go to the green market, since it's my last Saturday in Edinburgh for a while. But the alarms kept going off and I kept snoozing them. But I needed the sleep and I feel a lot better today.
I made French toast for breakfast, then talked to my mom and Savannah for a while, then I went out. It was actually a gorgeous day in Edinburgh, peep my latest Facebook pictures to see the lovely sun. But it was still fuh-reezing cold.
Anyways I went over to St. James so I could hit up the post office and mail my 12 postcards. It was already pretty late but I figured I might poke around some shops, and of course I ended up in H&M- daaaangerous! I went in 45 minutes before closing and left 35 minutes later with a dress, a sweater, and a blazer.
Too much! Too much money!
BUT- I've been needing a new boyfriend blazer for literally months, and it was reasonably priced. And the sweater is amazing, and was pretty cheap. It's the dress. The dress was the most expensive, but also the most amazing thing... It's so so SO me. Here is what the fabric looks like:

Ughhhh it's too good. So... I think I will keep it. And I keep telling myself that if we were home I would spend the same amount for it. It's just a lot of money to spend now when I have a lot of traveling coming up.
But yaknow what? I think I deserve it. I will bring it to Paris and wear the shit out of it.
But now NO MORE shopping until Savannah comes and we go to Glasgow, except for souvenirs in the cities I am visiting. NO CLOTHES!!! I promise myself.

After my accidental spree I came home and realized ONE OF MY EARRINGS FELL OUT while I was out. WHAT THE FUCKKKKK my life hates me. If I lose one more piece of important jewelry I think I will simply die. It wasn't important really, but it was one of Titi's old earrings and therefore irreplaceable from like 1987. I just have to let it go I guess. I hate letting go! I'm terrible at it. I figure it's some sort of Final Destination karmic thing- I was replacing the boyfriend blazer I lost, so it was inevitable that something else would have to go missing.
Anyways, I made tuna steak and sauteed kale for dinner and then have been chillin' ever since. I'm calling it a night momentarily so that I can wake up at a normal time tomorrow and head to the library and GET SHIT DONE. I have a loooot going on this week so I have to buckle down!
I'm also terrible at that. Oh well, we shall see tomorrow how tomorrow goes! And I won't wear anything that can fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
TOP SPEED CAR