Monday, October 25, 2010

I am having an affair with a Mercedes Benz.

There. My secret's out. ~ Ouiser Boudreaux

It's fall. And we're smack dab in the middle of it. Work has been more challenging the past week or two. There's a lot more physical labor without the young part timers around. Without Carla, I'm doing the job of both of us. I've worn holes in the bottom of all my shoes. I might have to buy some new boots before Christmas. I'm tired. But it feels good.

The yard is still surprising me. The reds of summer have been joined by the yellows of autumn.



Pineapple sage.



Try not to stare.



Daylight fades quickly. The colors are starting to arrive. I love this time of the year. Everybody needs some rest. It was a brutal summer.



In the shade everywhere, there's slight chill in the air.



It's 64 degrees after midnight. There are thunderstorms in the forecast for the afternoon. It'll be a good day to work some clearance items under the canopy.

I'll have a Department walk coming up soon with the store manager. I'm eager to talk to him one on one. He was a zone 1 manager at one time. I'd like to hear what he has to say. That'll be my next promotion in about a year or more. Lots of little tasks that need to be done alongside the normal pile of work. It's going to be a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
TOP SPEED CAR