Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 51: La Matriculaci�n

YES!  My schedule is set and final!  And, I've worked it out that I only have 3 classes a week!  Don't worry, ladies and gentlemen, for I have made sure that my credits are sufficient.  I contacted Dr. Collins, Olivia and Marla (my two friends who studied here last year) and got all of the information that I needed in order to register for my classes.  Things went well during said registration today; no problems, issues or confusing processes.  I have my schedule (Drawing, Spanish and Anthropology) and am quite content.


Today, apart from the registration, was a good day; a bit chilly, however.  The weather is certainly getting colder.  I am thinking about buying myself a nice jacket or something; in the future, I can always tell people that I got it from Spain!  How 'bout dem apples?


I woke up this morning around 8:30 AM.  I then helped Mercedes bring a comforter into my room.  Thank goodness, because this morning's wake-up was uncomfortably icy.  After eating breakfast, I decided to have a practice session; one that actually turned out to be several hours long!  I practiced the Joplin piece a lot and also put some good work into my new song!  It's still under construction, but I think that it'll turn out to be a nice tune!


After a few hours, I got dressed and headed to school.  My registration was at 4:30 PM.  I got to school early, so I stopped by the cafeteria, only to find a few of my buddies!  I sat down and chatted with them for a while before heading to registration.  On my way there, I ran into a friend of mine that I met a few days ago, Sophia.  She is from Mexico and is a Design major.  She's really nice and we spoke a whole lot of Spanish! 


After the wonderful and smooth registration, I headed toward the bus stop and ran into another friend, Belen, from my drawing class.  We talked for a long while - almost all the way back to Madrid, actually - and got to know each other.  We chatted a lot about music!  More Spanish practice!  


The rest of the evening consisted of more piano practice, a visit to the gym and a wonderful (yet, filling) dinner.  We ate some delicious chicken with pasta, dried sausage and fresh bread.  For dessert, Mercedes brought us some crackers, cheese and sweet jam spread.  Good Lord, it was magnificent.


I just finished doing a decent amount of homework (the most I've done in a long time, ha!) and am now ready to go to bed.  My homework was a worksheet for Spanish and a long portion of text to read for Anthropology; that class is really starting to get interesting, yet, difficult at the same time.  At least I don't have Spanish Economics to worry about anymore!


I am getting so excited for Becky's visit!  Mercedes is going to make us a huge paella dinner next Sunday!


That's all for now...


JB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
TOP SPEED CAR